Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crafting & Television

It's summer. I don't have to go to school and actually be productive but I can't just sit around all day doing nothing. I will go CRAZY! This is why I occupy my time watching Beverly Hills, 90210 or Gilmore Girls on DVD over and over again while making things (that G thinks are pointless). It's what I do. Anyway, I have been really into crafting blogs lately and have found some great new ideas. I'm pretty into white lately and I first found a 4th of July wreath that I fell in love with. Her's is cuter and it took my some time to not only cut out the fabric but to arrange it. I then came across an idea for garland made from paint chips. I am not proud because I had to "borrow" several paint chips from Lowe's but I love the way it came out.



I have also been totally preoccupied with mug rugs and coffee cozies. If you are not up with the mug rug (like G), it's smaller than a place mat but bigger than a coaster to accommodate your drink and snack. I made a Halloween one for my mother.

Then I found some fish fabric yesterday. She loves fish as much as Halloween.

The fish one didn't turn out as well. I made a matching coffee cozy but I need to get velcro to be able to fasten it.

I also found a pattern I loved at Moda Bakeshop. So I got the fabric and got to it. Cutting all the triangles about gave me a fit. It's not quilted yet because I need to go get the backing fabric but I really love all the white. Sorry for the iPhone photo.


I am about to hack into a jelly roll to make another quilt I found on the internet. I was really excited about it but then they left out two fabrics from it and now I have to tweek it. I have been putting it off.


I am currently looking for some Halloween type crafting because I won't have time in October. I also found some patterns for reusable fabric zip-locks. Only I need nylon and I'm not sure where to get nylon. It's something I'm thinking over. Now kiddos, it's nearly 2:00 that is a sacred time in the summer for me... Sonic Happy Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment