Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 22, 2013

San Diego

Last week, during my Spring Break, we ventured out to San Diego.  It has been so cold here and I have been freezing this whole winter I was excited to go to Cali and find some warmer weather.  Too bad the weather was warmer in Dallas.  Just our luck.

We started out after lunch Wednesday at the USS Midway.  I thought it would be horrible and boring but it really wasn't.  It was a bit difficult getting my big butt through all the tiny stairways and openings but we had fun.

G made me get in the brig as I was wearing stripes that day.  Some random tourist also took my picture.  It was a little creepy.

Thursday we spent the day at the zoo.  It is extremely hilly at the San Diego Zoo.  We saw all kinds of awesome animals but my favorite was the Galapagos turtles.  Their oldest is 150 years old and 400 pounds.

When we were looking at a cheetah a zoo keeper told us to hold on a moment because they were about to transfer a cheetah across the street in front of us.  I was a little scared to take its picture as I didn't want to spook it.  He was on a regular dog collar and walking better than Herman does on a leash.


Friday was a strange day.  We started out at a car museum that had a Low Rider exhibit. There was a beautiful old Cadillac on display as well.

We then headed out to Coronado Island to walk around and shop and go to the beach.  We bought nothing for ourselves, just a collar for Herman and some decor for the baby's room.

The water was so cold.  The weather wasn't too cold but if the water touched your feet you thought you may pee yourself.

For dinner we headed up to La Jolla and stopped at the cove to see the seals.  Those pictures are on my iPhone so I don't have them right now.  There were so many of them it was crazy... and cold.  We came home on Saturday to beautiful warm sunny weather, nicer than San Diego.  Now a week later it's back to cold, rainy nasty weather in Dallas.  Boo.





No comments:

Post a Comment